Who’s Who in the Star Wars Universe – Plo Koon

Sergeant, why are you so certain no one is coming?
We’re just clones, sir. We’re meant to be expendable.
Not to me.
―Plo Koon to Sergeant Sinker

Plo Koon was a Kel Dor Jedi Master serving as a member of the Jedi High Council during the last years of the Galactic Republic. He frequently undertook dangerous missions and was also responsible for the discovery of Ahsoka Tano. Plo Koon participated in the Battle of Geonosis as well as becoming a General throughout the Clone Wars. Throughout the Clone Wars, the Jedi Master was involved with the Battles of Abregado and Felucia.


While on a mission to the planet Shili, the homeworld of the Togruta, Koon found a three-year-old girl named Ahsoka Tano, who was sensitive to the Force. Koon brought Tano back to the Jedi Temple so she could be trained as a Jedi. The two kept in touch over the years, maintaining a close bond and friendship.

A decade after the blockade of Naboo, Koon continued to sit on the Jedi Council. The Galactic Republic was in turmoil as thousands of star systems, led by the charismatic former Jedi Master Count Dooku, threatened to secede from the Republic. Following the attempted assassination of Senator Padmé Amidala, Koon was one of several Jedi, including fellow council members Yoda, Mace Windu, and Kit Fisto as well as Master Luminara Unduli and her Padawan Barriss Offee, who joined the Loyalist Committee in meeting with Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine to discuss the crisis. Koon was later present when Obi-Wan Kenobi contacted the Jedi Temple and informed them that Dooku and several corporate leaders of the Separatist movement were meeting on the world of Geonosis and were planning to start a war with the Republic by creating the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Kenobi was taken captive by the Separatists, and the Jedi began putting together a plan to rescue him and stop the Secessionist Movement before it triggered a galactic war.


Koon was one of two-hundred Jedi who formed an assault team to rescue Kenobi from Geonosis, along with his Padawan Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala, who had been captured attempting to free Kenobi. Koon and his fellow Jedi revealed themselves during their allies attempted execution in the Petranaki arena. A battle soon erupted between the Jedi and the Geonosians, who were reinforced by a massive droid army. As the strike team’s numbers dwindled, Koon was one of several Jedi survivors who gathered in the middle of the arena. Dooku ordered the droid army to halt its attack and offered the Jedi a chance to surrender, but they refused to stand down. As the droids prepared to execute them, Koon and the other survivors were saved by the arrival of Yoda and the clone army, which had been secretly funded and created by the cloners of Kamino a decade before at the behest of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Koon and his fellow Jedi escaped the arena aboard several LAAT/is. The Jedi joined the clone army in assaulting the droid army and Confederate vessels stationed on the planet. Although Koon and the Republic forces emerged victorious from Geonosis, more than a hundred Jedi died during the battle while Dooku and the Confederate leaders escaped. The fight on Geonosis was only the first battle of the galactic conflict that soon became known as the Clone Wars.

Do you think we’ve got a chance, General?
“I don’t believe in chance, Commander. I know if we work together we will stay alive, and someone will find us.
―Commander Wolffe and Plo Koon

Now a General, Koon was given command of the 104th Battalion. In the early stages of the war, Koon and Commander Wolffe led a fleet of three Venator-class Star Destroyers from his flagship Triumphant while searching for a mysterious Separatist warship, the Malevolence, that had been destroying Republic fleets under the command of General Grievous. After tracking down the vessel to the Abregado system, Plo Koon ordered his fleet to engage the enemy while he contacted General Anakin Skywalker and his apprentice Ahsoka Tano, whose forces were stationed in the nearby Bith system, to request reinforcements. While conversing with them, the Malevolence jammed Republic communications and fired its secret weapon, a giant ion cannon that disabled all three of Plo Koon’s vessels and left them vulnerable to attack. He ordered an evacuation as the Malevolence began destroying the ships, and escaped in an escape pod alongside Wolffe, Sergeant Sinker, and Boost.

As they waited for rescue, Plo Koon and his men worked to fix damage to the pod while searching the debris field for other survivors. After Sinker noted that it would not make strategic sense for rescue to be sent to them, Plo Koon reassured his men that their lives mattered and that he was sure rescue would come. They spotted another pod which had been broken into by a boarding pod, resulting in the death of its survivors. They picked up a distress call from another pod under attack from the boarding pod and witnessed it get destroyed. The craft then noticed Plo Koon’s pod and moved into position to attack them. Plo Koon led Sinker and Boost outside of the pod to engage the rocket battle droids outside of the boarding ship. Using the Force, Plo Koon pushed Sinker behind the droids, and the three quickly destroyed them. Plo Koon then destroyed the hunter pod, which alerted the Malevolence to their presence. Before they could be destroyed, Skywalker and Tano arrived in the Twilight and rescued Plo Koon and his men before escaping the system.


With the nature of the Malevolence now revealed, the Jedi began making plans to destroy it. Plo Koon attended a briefing where Anakin Skywalker outlined his plan use Shadow Squadron to fly past the defences of the massive vessel and destroy its bridge, ridding the galaxy of both the ship and General Grievous in one move. Koon was uneasy about the aggressive and difficult nature of the mission, but when word arrived that the Kaliida Shoals Medical Center was the next target, he resolved to aid the mission by flying escort in his Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor. In order to beat the Malevolence to the medical station, the Jedi and clone pilots headed through a shortcut in the Kaliida Nebula. When Skywalker mentioned that the shortcut was called the Balmorra Run, Koon was shocked and attempted to warn him that they had to turn back, as the Balmorra Run was a breeding ground for Neebrays. They were soon caught in a massive herd of the giant creatures and had no choice but to fly through them to the other side. They made it through with several of the ships suffering damage and proceeded to the medical centre.

They arrived just before the Malevolence and quickly began their attack run against the Separatist warship. Fighting through a wave of Vulture droids, Koon and half of Shadow Squadron avoided a blast from the Malevolence‘s ion cannon. With half of their force destroyed or disabled, Koon noted that they no longer had the firepower to take out the bridge of the enemy warship. After he and Ahsoka Tano urged Skywalker to change their plan, they targeted the warship’s ion canon instead as it prepared to fire upon the medical station. They severely damaged the weapon, which malfunctioned and caused explosions across the Malevolence which disabled its hyperdrive. Koon and the surviving members of Shadow Squadron docked with the medical station as Master Obi-Wan Kenobi pursued the crippled Separatist vessel with his task force.

Master Koon, Skywalker, and Tano soon joined Kenobi on the Resolute to help command the pursuit of the Malevolence. Although the enemy flagship was heavily damaged, it was still able to withstand the firepower of the present Republic forces. Koon suggested summoning reinforcements to help finish off the ship, but Skywalker informed him that the closest ships were Master Luminara Unduli’s, which were currently engaged with a Separatist force and could not join them until they had been defeated. The Jedi were then forced to stop firing on the Malevolence when it captured the vessel of Naboo Senator Padmé Amidala. Kenobi and Skywalker departed the bridge to launch a rescue mission, and Koon noted to Tano that her master always seemed to crave such adventure and excitement. Koon then contacted Unduli, who informed him that she was on her way to join them and would be ready to aid in the Malevolence‘s destruction once the senator had been rescued. Once the Amidala was safely off the ship, Koon ordered the fleet to open fire once more. The Malevolence ended up destroying itself by crashing into a nearby moon after Skywalker sabotaged it by reprograming the ships navigation computer before escaping.


Warthog, protect the gunships. I will take out the fighters.
―Plo Koon

Plo Koon took part in the evacuation of Felucia, where Separatist forces had trapped Republic forces led by Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano. As his fleet engaged the enemy vessels surrounding the jungle world, Koon leads a group of fighters to protect several gunships aiding in the evacuation. He ordered his wingman Warthog to defend the gunships while he took out the Separatist fighters in their path. After punching a hole through the enemy vessels, they reached the atmosphere but were followed by a group of Vulture droids. Warthog was pursued by two of the fighters, but Koon saved his wingman and shot both droid ships down. The transports landed and successfully evacuated Kenobi and Skywalker’s soldiers, but Tano only reluctantly retreated, putting her troops and the evacuation at risk. Koon’s fighters escorted the transports back to the fleet, which successfully escaped the system and returned to Coruscant. Koon then attended the Jedi Council hearing regarding Tano’s reckless behaviour during the battle. The Council decided to place her on guard duty at the Temple Archives to reflect on her actions and remove her from the battlefield.

Commander Wolffe has found a message in the holo-transmission. Playback the message.
―Plo Koon

When Jedi Council member Eeth Koth was captured by General Grievous, Master Koon attended a gathering of Jedi via hologram to view the message Grievous sent the Jedi Order. Grievous vowed to destroy the Jedi and make Koth suffer before killing him. As the Jedi debated what to do, Koon was informed by Commander Wolffe that he had discovered a message in the recording from Koth. They replayed the message, and the other Jedi noticed Koth using hand signals to give them his location in the Saleucami system. The Jedi sent a strike team led by Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master Adi Gallia, and Jedi Anakin Skywalker to rescue Master Koth. They succeeded, but Grievous managed to escape the battle.

I wanted Windu. What are you doing here?”
“We can do this the simple way or the difficult way. The choice is yours.
―Boba Fett and Plo Koon

While Koon was giving a briefing in the Jedi Temple regarding reinforcing Republic positions along the Hydian Way to counter Grievous’ forces, Anakin Skywalker’s astromech droid R2-D2 burst into the conference room and knocked Koon’s droid out of the way. Koon ordered R2 to give them the urgent message he was carrying, and R2 showed the gathered Jedi a message from a Skywalker and Master Mace Windu, who was trapped in the wreckage of Windu’s ship, the Endurance, on Vanqor after an assassination attempt by a group of bounty hunters led by Boba Fett, who sought vengeance on Windu for killing his father on Geonosis. Koon ordered for his ship to be prepared immediately, and he travelled to Vanqor with Ahsoka Tano and the Wolfpack to rescue his fellow Jedi. Koon and Tano used the Force to hold the wreckage steady while his men rescued Windu and Skywalker.

The Jedi soon received a message from Boba and his mentor, Aurra Sing. Koon showed the message to Windu and Skywalker, who were recovering from their injuries in the Jedi Temple. The bounty hunters revealed they had taken three hostages, Admiral Kilian, Commander Ponds, and another clone officer, from the Endurance. They threatened to kill all three if Windu did not come to them and Sing murdered Ponds to prove their intent. Windu wished to find and rescue the remaining hostages, but Koon told him that his presence would only further anger, Fett. He volunteered to hunt down Fett and his accomplices with the aid of Tano.

Koon and Tano began their investigation by heading to the Coruscant underworld. He explained to Tano that they needed to locate associates of Jango Fett who Boba may have made contact with, as he had done with Sing. They started in an area where Jango was said to have frequented, and Koon warned Tano to be cautious. They investigated several bars, and as they headed for the fifth one, Koon advised Tano to be more subtle, noting that she had picked up many of her master’s more straightforward ways. They entered Tiggs Leo’s tavern, where Koon began to question Tiggs Leo while Tano eavesdropped on the crowd. She overheard a Nautolan named Fong Do mention that his friend Castas had just been killed on Florrum by Sing, but she was caught and attacked by the thug and his friends. Koon activated his lightsaber, and the two Jedi slowly backed out of the bar before Tano distracted the patrons by tossing money into the crowd, allowing them to escape. Koon noted that was not very subtle, but congratulated her on finding out the location of Sing.


Traveling to Florrum, Koon and Tano landed at the base of the notorious Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka, who greeted them and escorted the Jedi to the bar. Koon guessed he was leading them into a trap, which Ohnaka confirmed, but he informed them that he had no part in whatever Sing and Fett had planned. Koon entered the bar and sat at a table with Sing, while Fett came up behind him with a blaster and demanded to know where Windu was. Koon offered to settle things peacefully, but Sing contacted the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk and told him to execute the hostages if she gave the word. She was prepared to kill all of them to get Fett his revenge, but Koon noted that she seemed to want them dead more. Tano then struck off Sing’s antenna, severing her link with Bossk, and held her lightsaber to Sing’s throat. Koon and Tano attempted to convince Fett to stand down, but the two bounty hunters attacked. Koon destroyed Sing’s blasters, but Fett used an explosive to make everyone take cover. As Sing and Fett attempted to flee, Koon used the Force to pull Fett back to him while Tano pursued Sing. Koon began interrogating Fett about the location of the hostages with the aid of Ohnaka, who convinced Fett to tell them by noting that it was the honourable thing to do and that it would be what Jango would have wanted. Fett gave up the location of the hostages, who were rescued by Tano. Fett and Bossk were taken into custody by Koon and taken to prison on Coruscant, while Sing was believed dead after she crashed in Slave I.

There may be a new threat. Someone or something has eluded us. Perhaps a newly appointed Sith Lord.
―Plo Koon

After the arrest of Fett, Tano went on several more successful missions. Koon was among the Jedi Council members who congratulated the Padawan on her successes after her mission to Mandalore helped uncover a Mandalorian black market conspiracy.


Following an assault on the Temple of Eedit, a small Jedi Temple located on the planet Devaron, Plo Koon joined fellow Jedi Council members Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia, and Saesee Tiin in meeting the clone commando Delta Squad on a landing platform of the Jedi Temple. The commandos brought with them the bodies of Jedi Master Halsey and his apprentice Knox, who had been brutally killed alongside their clone troopers defending the Temple of Eedit. The four masters debated who had the skill to so thoroughly defeat two Jedi, and Gallia wondered if Count Dooku’s assassin Asajj Ventress, thought dead since the Battle of Sullust, was still alive. Koon suggested that this was potentially a new threat to the Jedi Order, and could perhaps be a new Sith Lord.

As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable facility. No one has ever escaped.
―Plo Koon

When Master Even Piell and members of his crew were captured by Separatist forces seeking the coordinates of the secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route, Master Koon briefed the team that would be rescuing him from the dreaded Citadel, a prison built specially for fallen Jedi located on the inhospitable world of Lola Sayu. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Anakin Skywalker would lead a select group of clone troopers into the prison by using carbon-freezing to hide their life signs. Following the briefing, Koon was approached by Tano, who was being kept off the mission by Skywalker. Koon noted that he had the ability to do so, but Tano felt he was simply being overprotective of her. As the strike team departed, Koon watched their vessel leave the Jedi Temple and wished the Force to be with them. Unbeknownst to Koon, Tano had also been frozen in carbonite and arranged to go on the mission.

As the strike team progressed through their mission, Koon monitored coded transmissions sent by them to the Jedi Temple. The team successfully freed Piell and his officers from their cells but had to split up into two groups. Koon informed Masters Windu and Tiin of the situation and the locations where the two groups were planning to be extracted. Windu questioned what would happen if their extraction failed, and Koon claimed that they would need an entire fleet to get the team free from the Citadel. Kenobi soon contacted the Temple and informed Koon that while the two groups had rejoined, their shuttle had been destroyed and they were now fleeing on foot from the Separatist garrison. Koon told him that they would be deploying a fleet to rescue the team from Lola Sayu.


Koon led a fleet to Lola Sayu, along with Jedi Masters Tiin, Gallia, and Kit Fisto. En route the planet, Koon laid out his strategy to rescue the strike team. He ordered Tiin to lead the fighter attack on the enemy fleet to create a hole in their defences, through which Koon would escort gunships down to pick up the team. Gallia noted that if the team was not at the extraction point Koon would have to leave them behind or put the fleet at risk, but Koon was sure that they would be waiting for them. When the fleet emerged from hyperspace, Koon wished his comrades good luck from his gunship. After some difficulty, they managed to break through the Separatist defences, and Koon’s dropship reached the extraction point, where they found the remaining members of the strike team and captives waiting. Piell had been killed during the battle but passed his information onto Tano. As they fled back to the fleet, Koon ordered Admiral Coburn to recall their fighters and prepare the fleet to jump to hyperspace. After safely landing aboard one of the ships, Koon gave the order for the fleet to leave the system.

After returning to Coruscant, Koon and the surviving strike team members landed at the Jedi Temple. Koon and his fellow Jedi mourned the loss of Piell, and he noted that Piell’s sacrifice secured the Nexus Route for the Republic. However, Captain Wilhuff Tarkin, who had memorized one-half of the coordinates, stated he would only share them with Supreme Chancellor Palpatine while Tano would only give her half to the Jedi Council. Yoda stated he would speak with the Chancellor about the situation. As the others left, Skywalker asked Koon if he had assigned Tano to the mission. Koon covered for Tano by claiming that he had.

Droid reinforcements have just arrived. We should break into three groups to divide their defences.
―Plo Koon

Koon soon returned to Felucia alongside Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano to secure the planet for the Republic. They planned for an attack against an outpost on the planet that was receiving reinforcements from General Grievous. Watching from a nearby ridge, Koon planned to divide their forces into three group to assault the base. He decided to assault the left flank while Skywalker assaulted the base’s front gate and Tano led a team over the back wall. Once all the teams were in position, Koon ordered the attack to begin. As Skywalker assaulted the front gate, Koon leapt up the left wall of the base, followed by Commander Wolffe and his troopers on jetpacks. They quickly cut through the enemy forces, with Koon and Skywalker’s forces meeting in the middle with Tano’s men. Tano was not with her men, having been guarding their flank as they scaled the wall. She did not respond to calls over her comlink, having been captured by Trandoshan hunters who kidnapped beings to hunt down for sport.

We have alerted our forces throughout the Outer Rim and intelligence assets inside the Confederacy. If she is spotted, we shall know about it.
―Plo Koon

Koon and Skywalker’s men searched the nearby jungle for Tano but found no trace of her. Koon let all Republic forces throughout the Outer Rim, as well as spies within the Confederacy, know of Tano’s disappearance so they would be alerted if anyone found her. He then noted that with their mission on Felucia over, he and Skywalker needed to return to Coruscant. Skywalker was unwilling to abandon the search for his padawan, but Koon told him that his emotions were clouding his judgment and that it was time for them to depart. After returning to the Temple, Skywalker continued to oversee the search for his missing Padawan. Koon talked to him about how strong Tano was, and that her determination, which she shared with her master, would help her survive. He also cautioned that Skywalker might not be able to find Tano, but that she would instead use her training to make her own way back to the Jedi.

Tano was returned to the Jedi Temple by the Wookiee General Tarfful and the bounty hunter Sugi alongside two Jedi younglings, Jinx and O-Mer. She and her fellow Jedi had fought back against the Trandoshans with the aid of another Wookiee named Chewbacca. Koon and Skywalker were among the Jedi who welcomed the three young Jedi back to the Temple. Koon expressed his relief at seeing Tano safe before moving to converse with Yoda, Windu, Tarfful, Sugi, and several other Wookiees.

We have been on quite an adventure.”
“Well, I’m certain Wolffe would love to hear about it.
―C-3PO and Plo Koon

After Master Gallia was captured by General Grievous, Master Koon led a fleet to rescue her from Grievous’s ship. Koon boarded the vessel with soldiers from the Wolfpack, with Commander Wolffe successfully freeing Gallia while Grievous fled. Koon and Gallia reunited after ending resistance aboard the vessel and were surprised by two droids, C-3PO and R2-D2, who claimed to belong to Senator Padmé Amidala. Wolffe recognized the two droids and confirmed their identity. C-3PO began talking about how he and his companion had just been on an adventure, which prompted Koon to suggest that they tell Wolffe all about it, much to his second-in-command’s dismay.

Troubling is the return of the Zygerrians.”
“It is likely they mean to use Dooku to rebuild their slave empire.
―Yoda and Plo Koon

When the Togruta colony of Kiros was occupied by the Separatists, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano were dispatched to free the neutral world. They reported to the Jedi Council that the Zygerrianswere behind the occupation, and that they had taken all of the colonists to be sold as slaves. The council was troubled by this news, and Koon speculated that the Zygerrians were likely siding with Dooku and the Separatists so they could rebuild their slave empire, which had been destroyed by the Jedi centuries before. Koon noticed that Yoda looked particularly concerned and questioned what troubled him. Yoda told the rest of the council he sensed a greater hand in this affair, noting that slavery was a powerful tool to aid in the rise of the Sith.


In order to find the missing Togruta colonists and stop the reemergence of the Zygerrian slave empire, the Jedi Council sent Kenobi, Skywalker, Tano, and Clone Captain Rex to infiltrate the Zygerrian homeworld Zygerria. Although they were exposed and enslaved, Skywalker and Tano managed to escape and let the Republic know that Kenobi, Rex, and the colonists were being held at a slave processing facility on the planet Kadavo. Plo Koon led a small task force to the system to liberate the slaves, leading a group of fighters to cover his dropships and an Arquitens-class light cruiser. Koon shot down several Zygerrian fighter craft, but could not destroy the ray-shielded cannons which defended the facility which was preventing the cruiser from rescuing the imperilled colonists. Anakin managed to destroy the towers, allowing the cruiser to move into position below the facility and rescue the slaves. Once all the slaves and Republic forces had been rescued, Koon ordered his gunships to destroy the slaving facility.

When a plot was uncovered suggesting that the Separatists were going to try to kidnap or assassinate Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the Jedi Council decided to fake Obi-Wan Kenobi’s death so he could go undercover as Rako Hardeen and get close to Moralo Eval, the plot’s supposed mastermind. After the fake assassination occurred, Koon attended the “funeral” of his fellow council member. During the funeral, Ahsoka Tano expressed her concern to Koon about the behaviour of her master Anakin Skywalker, who was not aware of the council’s plan. Kenobi managed to earn Eval’s trust and get a place on his team to kidnap the Chancellor at the Festival of Light on Naboo. Koon and the rest of the council brought Skywalker and Tano in on their plot. They and most of the council put together a plan to stop the attempt and capture the conspirators. They succeeded, and Kenobi and Skywalker also stopped another attempt by Count Dooku to capture Palpatine.

I do not believe Ahsoka could have fallen so far.
―Plo Koon

Following the bombing of one of the Jedi Temple’s hangars, Koon and the Council recalled Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano from the defence of Cato Neimoidia so they could investigate. Koon and the others were worried that a Jedi was responsible for the attack, and thus needed someone who had not been present at the Temple and was thus above suspicion. Skywalker and Tano soon arrested Letta Turmond for feeding her husband, a worker at the Temple, nano-droids that turned him into the bomb, but they suspected that someone, possibly a Jedi, had given her the orders to do so. Koon then attended the funeral for the six Jedi killed in the bombing.

However, Tano herself was accused of being behind the bombing after Turmond was choked to death by the Force while Tano was in her cell. She was arrested but soon escaped from the prison with several clone troopers being killed by a lightsaber during her escape. The Jedi Council called an emergency meeting to discuss the situation, with Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin attending via hologram. Tarkin was leading the Republic military’s investigation of the incident and was pushing for Tano’s capture and prosecution for the murder of the clone troopers. Koon refused to believe that Tano was responsible for killing the troopers, but Tarkin dismissed the beliefs of the Jedi Council as “irrelevant” and ended the transmission. Koon and Skywalker were both sent with teams of clones to search the lower levels of Coruscant, where Tano had fled, to find and bring her back to the Temple so the Jedi could discover the truth.

As they arrived in the lower levels, Koon and Skywalker witnessed Tano with Asajj Ventress. The two of them fled from the Jedi and their clones, who spread out to search the level for them. Koon was soon contacted by Commander Wolffe, who reported to him that his team had found Tano, but she and Ventress had defeated them, albeit without killing any of the clones. Skywalker and Wolffe later tracked down Tano again, this time successfully stunning her. In the warehouse where they found her, they discovered the same type of explosives used in the bombing of the Jedi Temple. As they transported Tano back to the Temple, Koon reported to Yoda what they had discovered, but that they were still unsure of where Ventress was or her connection to the situation.

The Jedi Council attempted to insist that they try Tano in accordance with Jedi tradition, but Tarkin and the Senate demanded that she be expelled from the Jedi Order and turned over to them for trial in a military court. The Council decided to do as the Senate asked, although there was disagreement within the Council over the decision. Koon was one of five council masters present in the Chamber of Judgment, where Tano was formally expelled from the Order. Koon questioned Tano’s association with Ventress while on the run, and Tano claimed that she believed Ventress had been trying to help her clear her name. After the expulsion was completed, Tano was turned over to Tarkin and put on trial. Koon was one of several Council members present during the proceedings and witnessed Skywalker arrive with Barriss Offee in custody near the end of the proceedings, revealing that he had discovered she was the one who had masterminded the bombing and framing of Tano. Offee confessed before the court that she was responsible and that she had done so to expose the failings and corruption of the Jedi Order through the Clone Wars, claiming that the Order had fallen to the dark side and that the Republic was failing.


With Tano’s name cleared, she was released by the Republic and returned to the Jedi Temple. Koon was one of several Council masters who gathered to welcome Tano back. On the Council’s behalf, he offered their most humble apologies to Tano, solemnly stating that they had been wrong to accuse her of treachery. However, Tano refused to accept their invitation to rejoin the Order. Koon watched mournfully as Tano left the Council chamber, and held Master Kenobi back from following Skywalker as he went after his former apprentice.

Prior to the blockade of Naboo, Sifo-Dyas sat on this Council until we judged his ideas to be too extreme.
“Indeed. He said he foresaw great conflict, and that the Republic would need to raise an army. At the time the council rejected those ideas.
―Mace Windu and Plo Koon

When a distress signal was picked up by the Jedi Temple from a ship belonging to the long-dead Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, Plo Koon was dispatched by the Jedi Council to locate the source. Tracking the signal to the desert moon of Oba Diah, Plo Koon and the Wolfpack began searching for the vessel. After some difficulty with a sandstorm, they located the wreckage of a T-6 shuttle. Inside, Plo Koon discovered the lightsaber of Sifo-Dyas. He orders his men to clear the area and take all of the wreckage back to Coruscant. He contacted the Jedi Council and informed them of his findings. The Council discussed Sifo-Dyas’ role in the formation of the clone army, with Plo Koon noting that prior to the Clone Wars, Sifo-Dyas had claimed to have seen a great war coming which would require the Republic to have an army. Following this meeting, Plo Koon holographically attended a briefing by Master Jocasta Nu as she explained how Sifo-Dyas had perished on Felucia while trying to negotiate a peace treaty between two tribes. Plo Koon inquired about what had become of his body, but Nu informed him that she did not know, as information about the mission had been sealed by the Office of the Supreme Chancellor.

Plo Koon then returned to Coruscant, where he met with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. The four Jedi discussed new evidence related to the mysterious presence of a second Jedi on Felucia and the missing Silman, an aide to Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum who had accompanied Sifo-Dyas on a mission to meet with the leaders of the Pyke Syndicate. Plo Koon noted that the Pyke’s headquarters was located on Oba Diah, which the moon where he had found Sifo-Dyas’s ship and lightsaber orbited. Obi-Wan and Anakin were dispatched to Oba Diah, where they discovered that Silman was still alive as a prisoner of the Pykes, but he was murdered by Count Dooku before he could tell them much. They did learn that Count Dooku was Darth Tyrannus and that he had been responsible for the creation of the clone army. Plo Koon and the other Council members were disturbed by this revelation but resolved to cover it up to prevent the Republic from losing faith in the loyalty of the clone army.

Near the end of the second year of the Clone Wars, Plo Koon attended a Jedi Council meeting where they viewed a transmission from Jedi Master Chubor, who was commanding the Republic’s evacuation of civilians from Mahranee, which had fallen to the Separatists. He and the other Council members in attendance, along with Anakin Skywalker, watched in dismay as Count Dooku ordered his fleet to open fire on the refugee convoy, killing Chubor and the thousands of innocent civilians aboard his ships, while droid forces on Mahranee were ordered to exterminate any remaining Mahran. Dooku claimed that the responsibility for the tragedy rested with the Jedi for continuing to resist his cause and supporting the Republic. The Council lamented that the Jedi were stretched too thin to adequately defend every world under threat of Separatist invasion. Koon bemoaned that they could barely count the number of dead from the war, but that the near-extinction of the Mahran was one of the greatest tragedies yet. Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi placed the blame for all the deaths in the war on Dooku, but Koon noted that they were using the same words that Dooku had in pinning the blame for the deaths on the Jedi. Windu then wondered if perhaps they did earn some of the blame by not doing all they could to end the war, and proposed assassinating Dooku. While Kenobi was against at the idea and Yoda was reluctant, Koon and the rest of the Council members eventually agreed that they should send a Jedi to assassinate the former Jedi Master turned Sith Lord. The Council decided to send Jedi Master Quinlan Vos to carry out the mission with the aid of Dooku’s former apprentice Asajj Ventress.


A few months into the mission, Vos ceased reporting to Kenobi after claiming that he had won Ventress’ trust and aid in the attempt to kill Dooku. Koon speculated that Ventress may have discovered that Vos was a Jedi and killed him for deceiving her, but Kenobi did not think that was likely, as Ventress would have made sure the Jedi Order would know of her anger over such an action. Ventress eventually contacted Kenobi and informed him that she and Vos had failed to kill Dooku and that Vos had been captured and turned to the dark side. Over the next several months, Vos emerged as Admiral Enigma and led Separatist forces to victory in several battles. As Koon and several other Council members met to determine what to do about Vos, they were surprised when Kenobi, Skywalker, and Jedi Knight Akar-Deshu brought Ventress into the Council chamber. Koon reached for his lightsaber, but Kenobi informed the Council that he had promised Ventress safe passage into the Temple and that she was there to aid them in finding and defeating Vos. Koon was sceptical that she was telling the truth, but Kenobi convinced them to listen to her. Ventress admitted she had taught Vos to use the dark side and that the two of them had become lovers. The Council dismissed Ventress and the knights to discuss Ventress offer, and Kenobi suggested that they could capture and redeem Vos. Koon sadly noted that not all who fell to the dark side could be saved. When word arrived that Taris was about to come under attack by Vos’ forces, the Council decided to offer Ventress a pardon in exchange for her aid in capturing Vos.

The mission was successful, and the Jedi discovered that Vos had not fallen to the dark side, but had instead been a captive of Dooku for several months after pretending to serve him. Ventress was convinced that Vos had fallen to the dark side, but the Council tested him on several small missions over the next month and concluded that he was trustworthy. Koon and several other Council members met to determine if Vos could be returned to duty. Kenobi reported that he believed Vos was ready, although Koon wondered if Dooku could have broken him, noting that a former Jedi Master under Dooku’s influence would be a great threat to the Jedi Order. Kenobi reassured them that he was satisfied by Vos’ account of his time with Dooku, which Koon and the rest of the Council, with the exception of Windu, accepted. They decided to utilize the knowledge of Separatist operations Vos had gained during his captivity and dispatched Kenobi, Vos, Skywalker, and Desh to capture a Separatist supply storage base. They successfully destroyed the forces defending the base but had to abandon it after Vos discovered the asteroid in which the base was located was rigged with explosives. Koon and the Council then sent Kenobi, Vos, and Skywalker to destroy a listening post on Vanqor, but they discovered that it was abandoned and all useful information deleted upon their arrival.

Growing suspicious, Yoda, Kenobi, and Windu determined that Vos had indeed secretly fallen to the dark side and was warning Dooku about the Jedi’s operations. Koon and Master Ki-Adi-Mundi joined the three other Masters at an emergency meeting to determine how they should deal with Vos. Windu suggested that they execute him for his betrayal of the Order and the extreme risk of attempting to imprison a fallen Jedi Master, which Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi supported. Kenobi instead convinced them to test Vos by sending him once again to kill Dooku and hope that he would take this opportunity to reject the dark side. Vos accepted the mission, not knowing of the Council’s plan to have Obi-Wan and Anakin shadow him with a task force that included Desh and Jedi Knight Kav Bayons, and Vos once again recruited Ventress to aid him in assassinating Dooku at the Second Battle of Christophsis. The mission ended with the death of Desh and Bayons at the hands of Dooku and Vos, who had indeed fallen to the dark side in an attempt to learn the identity of Darth Sidious, Dooku’s Sith Master. Ventress was also killed by Dooku by Force lightning, but her death caused Vos to reject the dark side and submit to capture by Kenobi and Skywalker, who returned him to the Jedi Temple, where he admitted all his crimes before the Jedi Council and submitted himself to them for judgment. The Council allowed Vos to work alongside Yoda to redeem himself, and eventually, Koon and the others gained enough trust in Vos to place him in Kenobi’s care and allow him to return Ventress’ body to her homeworld of Dathomir.


Shortly after the Battle of Coruscant, Plo Koon helped secure a Republic victory at Cato Neimoidia. Following the battle, he was flying on a patrol flight but was caught unaware when Darth Sidious executed Order 66, which caused all the clone troopers to turn on the Jedi. Plo Koon was shot down by his own clone pilot escorts, perishing as his fighter exploded and crashed.

Thank you all for reading and may the force be with you all!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.